Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 77

Journal entries

May 13th, 2016 (Friday)
Yup, woke up this morning and thought, "huh, Friday the 13th... That's
cool." Other than that, I didn't think that it would be too bad of a
day but it turned out to be pretty nuts! Only a couple things went
wrong... We were riding our bikes today on this really small path and
my tire slipped down the edge, I started to kinda tip over, and landed
my foot right in some wet rice field. Tried to pull my foot out and my
shoe didn't come with my foot. Had to reach down and pull it out with
a nice smacking sound as it came out of the mud. The experience was
more funny than anything but got my shoe all muddy and my sock was all
muddy and wet too. From there, went to Kimoto san's house (an English
class student that told us if we came over she would give us snacks...
Gotta get those snacks!) to hang out with her and her mom. They
cleaned my shoes!! And... They broke my shoelace. Isn't that supposed
to be really bad luck or something?? Then when I got back tonight, I
realized that I don't know where my pen is at that I've had for over a
year... (Ended up finding it) AND I've had a winning streak in Jyan
Ken (Japanese Rock Paper Scissors) for prayers for nearly a week and
today I lost. Yup, interesting day! Chilling with Kimoto and her mom
was fun. We juggled stuff and ate snacks and just chilled for a few
minutes. Today we also went to the Yanagi koen (a place where people
with disabilities can work. They told boxes and stuff and we go do
service there about once a month) and folded some boxes with the
people there. They are a lot of fun to be with! And when we showed up,
they saw us through the window and they were all way excited.

May 19th, 2016
Today was actually a really good day! The grace of God was definitely
with us today. Last night, I specifically prayed that we would be
guided by the spirit and that in the place we planned on dendoing we
would find who He would want us to find. We found Ishikawa San! He has
been the most "willing to listen" person that I've met in a long time
if not on my mission. We met him at his door and he started talking
about Japanese religion and stuff but we pulled out the Book of
Mormon, testified about it, and asked him if we could share more about
it. He kinda... Wanted to but maybe didn't but he let us in and we sat
at one of the small tables in his house. We testified about the Book
of Mormon and read moroni's promise to him. He was asking about where
the Book of Mormon came from, who Mormon was, and what the promise
meant for him. Testified to him and he actually said to us, "I really
do want to hear more about this book and your church..." It was
awesome! So, we gave him a Book of Mormon, taught him how to pray
about it, marked our favorite scriptures, and then prayed with him
before we left. Unfortunately he is going to America tomorrow to visit
some relatives (go figure...) so we won't be able to meet for a month.
As we were walking away from his house elder preciado noticed that I
left my planner on his table. Opened his sliding door a little so I
could grab it and then we snuck out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment