Haven't been feeling any aftershocks so... That's a bummer! Haven't heard
anything about any other earthquakes really except there were some in Yatsushiro
where I served like 8 months ago! But, everything is good I think. They pulled
the sisters out of Kumamoto for a time but... I think they are back
maybe.
Here we go! Transfer 12. Getting to be a
salty old grandpa missionary
now but... That's not always a bad thing! I'm going to be spending at
least six more weeks in Yanai but everything else seemed like it
changed! This district has four companionships and 4 out of 8 people
transferred this week including my companion so... Big changes! Elder
Warr hopped on a plane (two planes actually) down to a little island
called Miyakojima. He's going to be sweating it out all summer down
there! I'm not prophesying anything but recently, the people
transferring out of Yanai have gone down to Okinawa so... Maybe I'm
next. We'll see.
Transfer weeks are always a little bit weird because of packing and
having to wait with members for your new companion to come in and
stuff so this week felt pretty different but we are back into the
normal pattern of missionary work so things are going good. Elder
Preciado is from California and has been in the field for about six
months. He is a way good elder and I think this will be a great
transfer.
Yanai has been an interesting place to work but I've enjoyed it a lot.
I've learned a TON about working with members and trying to be on the
same page with them so that they can help with the work. I was
surprised and didn't know what to do with this ward when I came in
because it's the biggest one I've been a part of (60 people) but I've
made relationships with these people, love them, and have been working
much better with them recently than I did when I first got here.
now but... That's not always a bad thing! I'm going to be spending at
least six more weeks in Yanai but everything else seemed like it
changed! This district has four companionships and 4 out of 8 people
transferred this week including my companion so... Big changes! Elder
Warr hopped on a plane (two planes actually) down to a little island
called Miyakojima. He's going to be sweating it out all summer down
there! I'm not prophesying anything but recently, the people
transferring out of Yanai have gone down to Okinawa so... Maybe I'm
next. We'll see.
Transfer weeks are always a little bit weird because of packing and
having to wait with members for your new companion to come in and
stuff so this week felt pretty different but we are back into the
normal pattern of missionary work so things are going good. Elder
Preciado is from California and has been in the field for about six
months. He is a way good elder and I think this will be a great
transfer.
Yanai has been an interesting place to work but I've enjoyed it a lot.
I've learned a TON about working with members and trying to be on the
same page with them so that they can help with the work. I was
surprised and didn't know what to do with this ward when I came in
because it's the biggest one I've been a part of (60 people) but I've
made relationships with these people, love them, and have been working
much better with them recently than I did when I first got here.
The new comp
Got to hang out with these people at a "foreigners and Japanese
relationship building" picnic.
Got to hang out with these people at a "foreigners and Japanese
relationship building" picnic.
No comments:
Post a Comment