Yup, i:ve been transferred. And it:s turned out to be a wonderful
thing so far. I miss Nakatsu and the people there but i:m super stocked to be
here in Yanai! I:ve been on the Island of Kyushu my whole mission up until now.
I took a four and a half hour journey on three different trains up north with
everything that I possess and got here last thursday at around noon. Welcome to
Honshu. Had to walk from the train station to the apartment with my companion
and all my stuff in the rain but, it wasn:t terrible, just annoying. Got settled
in, was on the phone quite a bit with district members and Zone Leaders getting
to know everyone and whatnot and ya, that was that. And now i:m here. I:m the
District Leader of the Yanai district. It is me and my companion, Elder Warr,
and 6 sister missionaries. We live close enough to Yamaguchi that we will have
the opportunity to go to Miyajima and we also live close enough to Hiroshima to,
if we get the chance, go to some WW2 stuff so... i:m pretty excited for that!
This is the biggest ward that i:ve been in so far. Between 60 and 70
members come to church each week! And we have an actual church building here!
And there are primary kids! And a Young Mens group! And a Young Womens group!
That might not sound amazing but for me, it is a new experience. I:m used to
branches of 10 to 20 people, not wards of 60 to 70! But I got the chance to meet
a lot of people and they are all so nice. Got to look at all there smiling faces
from the pulpit on Sunday when I gave an introduction and testimony. I:m super
excited to be here!
Some highlights:
- I shipped a box with all my books from Nakatsu to Yanai and like always,
I had to ship my bike too. They both got here right after I did on Thursday so
that made things super convenient.
- On Saturday morning, we had a YM/YW group activity where we played tennis
and baseball. It was awesome and a ton of fun.
- My comp is a stud. 18. From American Fork. Been in Japan for 4 months.
We:re already way good friends
- Elder Needs left me a third of a jar of peanut butter when he
transferred. #Homie
- Everyone in the District is awesome. Our ZLs are awesome too.
- Elder Warr almost got eaten by a dog yesterday... I don:t think i:ll ever
see him run that fast again!
Other than that, this week we head to Yamaguchi for training on Thursday so
I will get to meet all the awesome people in our Zone and get some good training
from the APs and Zone Leaders. Over and out.
Brower Chourou
No comments:
Post a Comment