Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 60


            Went to Kumamoto!!!!!!

Wise advise from my mission Mama to my future wife!


Me: Alright, go ahead!
Her: what should I say??
Me: What kind of person is Elder Brower or like, why should you marry
Elder Brower or like...

Her: oh, got it, ok. When did you happen to meet Elder Brower? Will
she understand?? Ya, when did you meet him?
About when will you get married??
How many kids do you want??
*laughing*
Me: Only that??
Her: how many kids do you want?
Make a family quickly! Make Elder Brower important!
Me: oh ya, that's really important!
Her: Please have fun being married for a long, long time
Me: Yes yes, good stuff!
Her: Please be happy! I will pray that If you have any troubles or
interference, you will both, together, be able to overcome them! And
please, have kids quickly and spend a long time together. :)
Me: What do you really think about Elder Brower? When you first met
Elder Brower, what did you think?? You don't have an opinion?
Her: oh me? I'm supposed to say it? I thought he seemed like a fun person!
Me: What about like, him being a brat...?
Her: oh ya, I did think he was a bit of a brat...
*laughing*
Me: Ya, but like, why did you think I was a brat?
Her: Well, sometimes when he talks he says things that a brat would
say... Kinda... It seems like it sometimes but then again...
*laughing*
Me: ok, I got it! But, what do you think now??
Her: now I think that he seems like a person with very high morals who
is doing good things!
Me: ok, awesome. That's good right?? :)

I figure a different perspective of things could be good for a change!

>> Hello everyone! This week was way good!
>> So this week was a great week for weird food-eating! I ate raw horse
>> meat one day, then a few days later I had chicken liver! It tasted
>> like... chicken haha. It wasn't very good, but a way awesome
>> experience! Now I can say I've eaten that.
>> We traveled all the way down to Kumamoto for interviews with Kaicho!
>> We took an hour train to Oita then a four hour bus to Kumamoto with
>> the rest of the zone! We camped there for a night, had interviews the
>> next day, then started heading back home that same day. The bus was
>> late, so we camped out in Beppu for a night with the elders in our
>> district and left in the morning. So interviews took two days of
>> traveling for us, haha. It was way worth it, Kaicho is so awesome. Me
>> and him are bros. 😋
>> So we had an amazing miracle yesterday, my bike came! Up til now I've
>> been borrowing bikes, but my trainers bike finally came yesterday! I
>> thought I'd have to fix it up pretty good, but a member in Hamada took
>> the bike, replaced the broken seat with a brand new one, put on a
>> missing kickstand, and bought brand new tires! It is absolutely
>> amazing to be friends with these members, it's a relationship you can
>> never really recreate after your mission. Right now, one of our really
>> good friends is Mitsuko Shimai! She's probably around 5 feet tall,
>> she's in her 80's, and ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I don't know if I've
>> talked about her before. But she'll laugh with us, and when we tease
>> her she'll try to give us spankings, so we always make sure we have
>> our eye on her, hahaha.
>> So for church this week we had the entire Fukuoka temple presidency
>> come to visit us, and then have a lunch in after. This was the first
>> time I've met them, and they were way awesome. Lunch was hectic
>> though. We had all the sisters in our branch running around like
>> crazy, talking really loud, and trying to make everything perfect.
>> Then another sister walked in and said, "If it's OK, can we all sit
>> down!?" which made everything even more crazy. Then Mitsuko started
>> putting eggs on this rice thing and the same sister that said if we
>> could sit down started yelling, "Wait! Wait!" Poor Mitsuko Shimai
>> looked really startled because it sounded like she was getting into
>> trouble. After the sister took the eggs away, Mitsuko Shimai waited
>> til that sister had her back turned, then stuck out her tongue at her
>> like she was a little 6-year old, which made me and Brower choro start
>> laughing our heads off, and then she started laughing with us. It was
>> great!
>> It's really awesome, my Japanese has been improving a lot recently and
>> it's way fun to have awesome conversations with the members and not
>> having to worry about the Japanese part, it's way exciting!
>> Love you all, have an awesome week!
>>
>>
>> Elder Hardy
>> ハーディー 長老
Yup, that's it for me! One thing really cool here is Endou curry. It's
curry with this giant bread. It's great. The best part is most of the
places have all-you-can-eat bread so... We dig in pretty hard!

Love Elder Brower

No comments:

Post a Comment