Tuesday, December 29, 2015

week 56

This is from my journal 

December 13th, 2015
These things are simple. But they are divine. We have been in the right place at the right time too many times for it to be coincidence. It doesn't come through strong impressions. It isn't some giant miracle. But these things are real. And we've been working at being better. And it is through those small things that we are seeing these miracles. I feel good when I do good things. And I feel good. It's hard. But it's taking worries and stress and discouragement away. Even if nothing miraculous happened, I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to and experiencing what God has to give me

Alright! Well, I don:t know where to start. But, I:ve got to start somewhere.

Somewhere:

I:m still in Nakatsu, Japan. A VERY small place with the majority of the land being used for rice fields. As far as the eye can see. It;s great! It:s too bad I didn:t get here a little bit earlier to see it all before it was unharvested. However, I got to see some awesome rice fields in Yatsushiro as well so i:m not complaining.Our church is... well, not an actual church building but of course, still a church. The downstairs is the chapel. Next to that is a little massage shop. The upstairs is the branch presidents office and other rooms that we use for classes. And our apartment is on the upper floor on the right. Yes, we live at the church. It:s very convenient!
Alright, just a couple more pictures. This is our church/apartment and
the chapel. And of course, it wouldn't be church in Japan if there
weren't slippers! :)
Someone:

I:m here in Nakatsu with my companion, Elder Houseknecht (had to check how to spell his name just now... ha). He:s 18, half Japanese, and from Texas. We:re having a good time here. Also on the "someone" category, the members here are really great! They are like a big family. Everybody comes to church on sunday morning and nobody really goes home after because they are talking and doing home teaching and just chatting it up. It:s fun being part of this little category.

Somehow:

Not really sure what i:m going for with this email or what would fall under this category but my first thoughts are The Spirit. As I mentioned in my journal entry, for me it is rarely anything spectacular. Just small things. But when you do good and are following the commandments and finding joy in the church (shoutout to President Uchtdorf and his talk "It works wonderfully!"), more light and guidence is available. It:s just like anything else in life. If you exercise, you will get stronger. If you practice a skill, you will get better. If you exercise your faith, you will get better at having faith and feeling the spirit. It also works in the negative as well: if you think bad thoughts, more bad thoughts will come. If you don:t practice, you won:t get better. And if you don:t exercise, you will probably get fat. Don:t get fat! And don:t get depressed! think good things! Do good things! And good things will come.

That:s all I have to say about that. Love you all. Merry Christmas!
Brower Chourou

No comments:

Post a Comment