spent in clean-up mode. I think my mission is maybe something like
that. I'm mr. Fix it! It feels good! I come into an area that is
unorganized and I organize everything, make it all pretty and
workable, and then I move on to the next place and do the same thing
there. Because of what I've done in the area, the missionaries can now
work smoother and see miracles. In my mind, it's kinda like weeding a
garden or something. You can continue to plant and try to grow things
in a garden with a ton of weeds (the elders in the area before me who
lived in a dirty apartment, kept bad records, and were unorganized) or
you can weed the garden before planting (get organized, clean, etc)
and then what you plant will be able to grow! It's different than my
image of missionary work but if that is what God needs me to do than I
will do it! And it makes the time go really fast too so that is good.
That is what I have been doing since I've gotten here, the apartment
looks completely different now; mostly clean and organized. The record
books and whatnot have been gone through and organized but need some
serious updating (our goal for this transfer), the area map is looking
a lot better and more organized, etc.
we haven't had a lot of opportunities to go out and talk to people
this last week because we thought it important to create a solid
foundation first and build from there rather than build on "bandaid
solutions" and a weak foundation. Elder Brower
No comments:
Post a Comment