Tuesday, December 8, 2015

week 53

I could give a recap of my week but... Yesterday seems like last week
and last week seems like a year ago so I don't remember what happened
really! But, of course, every day on the mission is awesome. One
experience I had this week was talking with some members after church
on Sunday. A member had bought some "gourmet" bread that expired two
days earlier and wanted us to eat it before it "went bad" which... It
already did... But the bread was fine. But, either way, we ate the
bread but I gave them a lot of guff about eating two day old bread. :P
while we ate bread and talked, I showed them pictures of my family,
previous area, my car, my house, etc. Japanese people love that stuff!
But as they looked at the pictures, they made comments about how I
have some "aura" about me in the pictures. About how I looked
different than others because I have the knowledge that I am a child
of God and that I have a Savior. They said that now that "aura" is


even stronger but it got me thinking...
I'm so saddened when I see no happiness on other peoples' faces when
we ride trains, when we knock doors, etc. Simply, I believe that there

is a difference. There is a light that comes into our lives when we
actively believe that we are children of God. When we don't have that
knowledge, or I suppose even when we don't have the confidence that
that statement is true, that light isn't there. It can be gained no
other way. Gain that testimony that you are a child of God through
prayer, fasting, and studying the scriptures. It will brighten your
life. You will have purpose, you will have meaning, and you will have
a responsibility as well; to follow what our Heavenly Father wants us
to do.
ブラワー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment