
This was a fast week... We had a lot
going on and I'm guessing that this next week will be about the same! For
basically the first time on my mission so far, we have some kind of appointment
for every day of the week set up already! I'm sure as we find new people to
teach this week that our schedule will get even more full. When you are busy,
time goes by really fast.

This week, we saw three days worth of
back-to-back miracles. God is merciful. I had a challenge at the beginning of
this transfer where I thought; "dang, I have to be here for a 3rd transfer?!
This area is so small and I've done all there is to do!" Now, if I'm honest, I
wouldn't be sad to stay for a fourth transfer because of all the wonderful
things going on.

Our first awesome experience was on
Friday. We met he 弘一郎家族 (Kouichirou Family). We were housing an apartment as
usual and, when we knocked on their door, the husband came and when we
introduced ourselves, he propped his door open, stepped outside and started
asking us a lot of questions. This might not sound like a big deal but, in
Japan, they have camera doorbells that you can talk through. So, normally, we
only talk to people through those when we house. If they actually open the door,
it is usually only wide enough to see one eyeball peaking through the crack. So,
long story short, it was unusual for him to step right out to meet us. We talked
about what we were doing in Japan and the sacrifices we make to be here and why
we think it is important. He wanted us to meet his wife and low and behold, she
pulled up just then! She was just as awesome as him! We talked for probably 30
minutes or so and by the end, they wanted to learn what we had to say and
invited us to dinner with them on Tuesday of this week. This was one of the best
experiences of my mission so far. It sounds so simple but I have never met
anyone like them yet. It felt like we hadn't met each other in a long time and
were just catching up with an old friend.
On Saturday, we were able to meet with
an investigator family that we haven't been able to meet with recently. We
showed up and nobody was home. We were writing a little not when the wife showed
up! The timing of all of these experiences was amazing but... We had a really
good talk with her and we set up an appointment with her and her husband on
Thursday of this week.

And, yesterday, the Goto Family came to
the first session of general conference. They came dressed up and when they
walked in, all of the members thought that they were members from a different
ward or something!
I've learned how bad I want these people
to see the blessings of this gospel in their lives. After all three experiences,
I could only think about that. I want them to want this gospel so bad! So I am
doing all that I can to help them make the right choice.
As I've re-read this, these experiences
seem like such small and insignificant things. I can tell you that they are more
than that. I believe that we can choose to a certain extent to see the blessings
in our lives. There are things, even in the minute details of our lives that are
from God and we can choose to see them as such. Choose to see these small things
as blessings from God, because that is what they truly are. God has given us
ALL, so everything is his gift.
ブラワー長老
No comments:
Post a Comment