Friday, November 13, 2015

week 46

For my weekly email, I will send you my companions email win some commentary! Enjoy. He is way more exciting than me so this is probably going to be the best email so far! :)

Random note:
Something I've noticed about Japan is that there are no sprinklers
here. None at all. I've yet to even see something you hook on a hose.
Just another small thing that I never really noticed before about
Japan.

There are a lot of things that are different than America but I think we are forgetting some of those things! They have just become so normal to us now!

Life is weird as a missionary. Sometimes it feels like every day goes
by so slow, and then I look back and realize just how long I've been
gone. It blows my mind. Then of course I try to to stop thinking about
that as fast as possible, but time is flying!

Preach! So true...

This week was interesting. I'm still trying to get to know this area,
but it's coming along. Slowly but surely. Elder Brower is a good guy.
He's fun and that makes life good.

Go companion! Talking me up; how nice. I've been here in this area for 3 transfers so... We're figuring things out! 

One day we were trying to make it over from an island to a man named
Take, so we ended up going over this HUGE bridge, and it was way
sketch! We were racing up the side trying to stay ahead of all of the
cars because we didn't think there was enough room for us up there.
Fortunately, and unfortunately because we were racing for our lives,
when we got up to the top there was a small strip that definitely
wasn't made for bikes but we made it work anyway. Kinda scary because
all of the cars were going SUPER fast and there were huge semis, etc.
if that strip hadn't been there though we would've been done for. The
bridge was a lot longer than we thought. 😜 Adventure!

This was a crazy experience! I feel like Jeremy Clarkson in he camper van episode when the semi passed by his three story car! By the way... I heard hat something crazy happened and they aren't doing top gear anymore??

We were also riding over a different bridge, albeit much safer, a
couple days later and we saw a bunch of flying fish! Well 'flying' to
iu ka, they were just jumping out of the water like crazy. It was fun
to watch.

We met with the Goto family again. It was way fun and they're opening
up to me a lot more now. I like them and the three kids are way cute.
The lesson went way well and they're well on their way to baptism. I'm
pretty excited for them and they seem really willing to keep
commitments and work for it. They could receive baptism before the end
of this transfer. That's super exciting.

This family is so wonderful. They have three little kids and it is so cute to watch them fold their arms when we pray and say amen. It makes me excited for the future when I have a family of my own! We've been meeting with them and they are doing really well. We've become really good friends and I hope that we will be able to help them see the blessings of this gospel in their lives!

We were out dendoing and we ran into an old member from about twenty
years ago that went less active and moved, etc. wow. That was cool.
She is way nice and she seems to really like and appreciate the
missionaries. We talked for a while, met one of her kids, met her
husband and invited her and her family to our Halloween party that's
coming up. I really hope she comes. We're going to go back to give
here the Halloween party info. Miracles! We almost didn't go to that
area, but then we thought about it and decided that we needed to go.
That same night we also helped an old lady pull down her sons old
punching bag because it was really heavy and she couldn't do it. She
was really surprised that we were so happy to help and when we got it
all down and the rigging and all of that she was WAY happy. I love
making people smile.

We've met some really nice people this week! We met a couple at the grocery store and talked to them and they bought us some peach drinks! There are nice people! And of course, there are not nice people... But I love meeting all kinds of people who are willing to talk even if they don't have interest in the message. 




No comments:

Post a Comment