So this week is one of those weeks that everyone hears about that just...
is like any other week on the mission. I don:t mean to downplay the miracles
that happened and the cool things that happen every day as a missionary but
things just keep trucking along here in Saga Japan. This week, me and my
companion have been knocking a lot of apartments that seem pretty scary... on
purpose! We figure that there are still people that need this gospel despite the
"shabbyness" of their apartment. From this, we had the opportunity to talk to a
lot of people and we have return appointments for this next week as well! Wish
us luck!
God has a lot that he wants me to learn this transfer and I am slowly
learning more and more about what those things are; wish me luck that I can
learn from them what he has planned for me! Possibly, as I learn more this
transfer, I can let you know more about it.
Time is going by really fast I don:t understand it! But, I:m trying to live up
every day. My companion is awesome and definitely understands that I struggle in
communicating with him. We do just fine though to be honest, I can understand
most of what he is saying because I have gotten used to the vocab that he uses
most often and how he talks but when it comes to talking to people on the street
and their answers to the questions I ask them, I just smile real big, knod my
head and say "Oh really?" It:s funny, and sometimes I can make an educated guess
as to what they say by a few key words that I know but sometimes, I have no
idea! I:m going to spend another year and a half having no idea what people are
saying! I:m so excited! I know that it will get a little easier every day but
this language is so complex and so hard to get "fluent" in that by the time to
go home, you can communicate and understand most things but if you entered
school, you;d only be in life 5th grade and even then it would be rough. But as
far as that, I:ve gotten really good at accepting my limitations and just
learning how to deal with them. I just try to work hard every day and I know
that little progress is still progress. I just never want to find myself rolling
downhill!
Brower Choro
No comments:
Post a Comment