Thursday, April 23, 2015

week 21

Right now... I am... Still in Saga! But! There has been a change. My companion became companions with Elder Murphy that was already in our apartment and I became companions with Miyanishi Choro! Be careful what you pray for! I have been praying for the gift of tongues so that I could teach these people better and look-e-there, God sent me a Nihonjin companion who can:t speak too much English. He is on his 13th transfer and has been around English speaking elders enough during his mission that he can understand and speak some but it is Japanese all day everyday from here on out (at least for 6 more weeks). It has been wonderful so far. It is going to be the hardest transfer yet but... it has been wonderful none-the-less.
On our first day, we got to participate in a pretty cool experience. Of course, I speak minimal Japanese and fluent English and he speaks minimal English and fluent Japanese. God is aware of that and he allowed us to find someone who is fluent in both languages that is interested in this gospel! How cool. We had a lesson with him a few days ago and have another lesson scheduled for tomorrow. He is very smart and knows a lot already but it has been a great experience teaching him so far. There is something different about testifying and teaching in English... I really like it... I hope that I can feel that same way some day when I testify in Nihongo.
Conference was wonderful. And, we did get to watch it in English. I don:t know what else to say about that besides the fact that I got answers to a lot of the questions that I went into conference with them on my mind and I look forward to studying the talks when the Ensign gets here next month!

General Conference!
The last time seeing Mizoguchi Choro for a while (we will end up seeing each other at the end of our missions)
                                                    This is me and my new companion Miyanishi Choro 

No comments:

Post a Comment