Wednesday, September 23, 2015

week 38

This mission
is a time warp... If you don't think about it, the time just keeps
going! I've been flipping calendars and tomorrow is my 9 months. It's
been pretty hard recently because my companion has been packing his
stuff and gets to go home this week... That won't be me for a while!
But... I've asked him a few times if he has room in his luggage for
me. Ya, sure, I want to come home and see my family and... Basically
rest! But, is is more important right now and my time will come. It
doesn't feel like it now but it will come! My trainer, who is now my
district leader, is going home this transfer... When I came in he was
around a year and a half... It seems like yesterday! But 10 years ago!
Like I said, time warp.
We had a way fun district P-day last week. We did a white elephant
thing and I ended up with the lip pillow!


I had one of the most fun experiences this week, and it involves these
wonderful people in this picture. Story time! Every one gather around!
One night, we were knocking some doors as usual, getting told no left
and right, when suddenly, we knock on this door and are immediately
invited in my these wonderful people! At that time, it was only the
two who are standing on the right side of the picture,
but they
invited us in and we had the opportunity to share a quick message
about the restoration of the gospel with them and we set up a new
appointment for Friday. On Friday, we show up at the appointed time
and have a really good talk about some questions that they had about
the restoration pamphlet which we left behind. Time was short, but she
told us that the next day was her birthday and that they were making
special Japanese food that is only made for celebrations! They invited
us to come the next day and eat with them!
Now, this was the best...
We showed up and they said that they had friends waiting to meet us!
They were the other two standing in the picture on the left side. We
talked and laughed and, just like any respectable Japanese person, we
were offered tea! which is wonderful because it always gives us a
chance to testify about the word of wisdom. We talked and laughed and
ate and became friends and shared a little bit about what we do as
missionaries and... It was just so much fun. They are wonderful
people! And because they were nice and were willing to share something
special from Japanese culture with us, we decided to give them
something! That would be the box of mac and cheese on the table. We
invited them to church and to our free English class. They have a lot
of friends and wanted to copy one of our little fliers to hand to all
of there friends but, being the good life scout that I am (life for
life!), I had some on hand and gave them 50 or so.
This mission is full of little miracles like this. This want anything
huge, but it is a tender mercy and a small victory. It is an
experience that I never would have had if I had not come on this
mission and been here at this time. God's plan exists. He has a plan
for us all. Don't be closed to what God's plan is for you!
ブラワー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment