I'm running out of time really quickly but... I want to recap this week as
best as I can because... Life in the mission is great!
Last week, on P-day, we went with a friend to a really nice Yakiniku place.
Yakiniku is... Where you get a plate of raw meat and you cook it yourself on a
little grill that is in the middle of your table... Anyway. This. Place. Was.
The. BEST! Best meat I have ever had.
We also got to meet our new mission president this week. He is a wonderful
guy and him and his wife are so filled with love and excitement to be here.
Their motto for us is five things: work
hard, work smart, be strictly obedient, have fun, and come home tired. I'm
trying my best to do all five!
While here in Japan, we
are blessed with so many different experiences. And because of the fall, we get
to experience good and bad! Which, I am thankful for because from both types of
experiences we learn a lot. We got yelled at this week for knocking on a mans
door and he not so nicely "escorted" us away from the apartment building where
he lived while yelling and saying all kinds of things. However, we just killed
him with kindness and went on our way. Although we occasionally meet these kind
of people, we have the opportunity to meet really awesome people as well! For
example, we met someone this week who believes in God and Jesus Christ but when
we talked with her about prayer, she was so humble and told us that she couldn't
do that because Jesus Christ is the son of a God and his name is too holy for
her to pray to because she is so imperfect. We also found a really awesome
investigator this week who was really excited to hear about the Book of Mormon
and even more surprised and excited when we wanted to give it to her FOR FREE!
We have an appointment with her next Saturday and we have our hopes really high
and are praying for her. Of course I can't recount all my experiences while I am
here or all of the people that I meet but, the gist of it is, people are
important. And they deserve the chance to hear this gospel. And there are
people who are prepared to hear it and accept it.
God blesses us
missionaries so much! The work that we do is nothing compared to the blessings
that we are receiving for doing this work. I'm honored to here and be blessed
enough to have these experiences.
Thank you for your
prayers. Thank you for your support.
ブラワー長老
No comments:
Post a Comment