Saturday, August 8, 2015

week 34

For my weekly email, I'll take a quote from my journal from the 11th:



"I just spend the last few minutes going through some pictures and... I've had some amazing experiences so far on my mission! It's hard in the moment but when you look back, you don't see all the struggles and hard stuff. Of course you might be reminded of those times but really, as I look back already I think of how awesome my experience has been. However, it is still hard and it will continue to be really hard.
Today was especially hard. We had three people that we planned on visiting who were PIs that had said that we could come back and we either gave them a pamphlet or a Book of Mormon. Ya... We aren't visiting any of them anymore unless we feel otherwise when we are close by. They told us not to come back for various reasons. That is hard. Three people in one day. We had our hopes up and they were let down really hard. You want people to accept the message and at least give the message a chance but it seems like nobody is doing that. But, that is why I am here, to give people the chance. That is my conclusion today..."

Later this night, as me and my companion were talking about how much these people are missing out on something so amazing that could bless their lives so much, we saw a member driving in her car and she honked and waved at us. What a small victory. What a tender mercy. A lot of people don't except our invitation. They don't give us a chance. But there are people, like that sister who saw us and waved at us, who, if the missionaries hadn't been lead to here, she would not be experiencing the blessings of this gospel. That put it all in perspective. The prepared people seem like the needle in the haystack. However, the needle exists! And it is our job to keep searching till we find it. So, as stated in my journal entry, I am here to give people the chance to receive this message. Everyone deserves a chance and if the situation presents itself, give them a chance!

Brower 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment