whatnot... Anyway, I'm on for another hour or so but... As far as
transfers... I'm not in Saga anymore. It's so sad... But I'm now
serving in a little place called shinyatsushiro Japan in the Kumamoto
zone! It was crazy getting our call. We were at a members house for a
meal appointment and a short lesson and it was getting to be around
8pm and we still hadn't gotten our call yet... We are just about to
leave and the phone rings! Murphy chourou was told he was staying.
Connett chourou was told he was staying. Miyanishi chourou was told he
was staying. I pick up the phone and they tell me I'm transferring! It
was unreal... All that I have known of Japan is little ol Saga! But
now, me and Elder Alexander are working hard everyday in Yatsushiro.
It's about as countryside as Saga if not a little bit more and the
ward is even smaller. I was not expecting that, I thought Saga was
small with like 30 members who come to church every week. Yesterday at
church, there was about half as many! It is crazy, but the members I
have met thus far have been great and I'm excited to work with them.
This is my first email for today. The Internet is really really slow
here... Don't know how pictures and things are going to work out this
transfer but... I'll do what I can! I struggled a lot with being able to help the members in Saga. There were a lot of things going on that my companion could help them with because 1 he could understand them and 2 he was japanese... I felt like the only thing that I could do was service and that Is what I tried to leave behind in that area. My old companion is now working with another Japanese missionary and I feel like that is just what Saga needed. Before I left, we borrowed a power washer and cleaned the outside of the church as best as we could and it made a huge difference. I don't think that has ever been done and it made the church look so much better. Like I said, that is what I felt I could do to help that ward so... I did that and tried to smile and serve people and just be there for them. Yup, new companion. Elder Alexander from Sandy Utah. I kill him at the end of this transfer (he is a sixteen transfer missionary and he goes home at the end of this transfer) so in 7 weeks, I will most likely be staying here and getting a new companion so... what that means is... I have to learn everything about this area as fast as I can! Where I am is... smaller than Saga. There are more rice fields than people! Maybe... Probably not... but it is really country. I don't have an opinion on it all just yet but I do like it. Saturday, we came to the church for ten minutes. Ten minutes only. And in that ten minutes the church phone rang. A man was calling asking us where the church was, what time we met, and if he could come and have someone give him a ride. He came to church the next day. He stayed for two hours. We had a small lesson with him and explained Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the importance of baptism by proper authority. He is going to start reading the Book of Mormon and we have a lesson with him next sunday. Brower Chourou
No comments:
Post a Comment