Wow, what a week!
This Christmas season, I have really been reminded about what Christmas is all about. It wasn't just on Christmas day, it was Christmas week and then some. Since i've been here, we've watched the "He is the Gift" video over twenty times and it never gets old. This video has such an amazing message to share; it is the same message that I am going to share in Japan! And speaking about that, I got my flight plans yesterday! I head out on the 12th... less than two weeks away... I can't believe it. Through being here, i've learned so much and to be honest, I'm a little nervous to be in the world again when I reach Japan because here at the MTC, you are on a spiritual high nearly all the time. It's an amazing experience here.
I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! On Christmas day, we woke up to snow!! What a treat! I was a little worried because it hadn't snowed hardly at all before hand; I remember trick or treating in the snow!! After we woke up and got ready, Elder Russel M. Nelson came and spoke to us. It was a great talk about 9 facets of this gospel and how they all work together and create something beautiful. That day we also had a talent show which was really funny; some elders and sisters have some crazy talents that you would never have known... :) That night, we watched Ephraim's Rescue which was an awesome film! They know how to take care of you here especially when you are spending the holidays away from family.
The best day that I have had here at the MTC was three days after Christmas during our sunday night devotional. I always thought that it would be so cool to be able to sit in the conference center alone and have someone play the organ and just sit and listen to the music. I love the organ! And during that devotional, Richard Elliott came and played the organ for us! He plays the organ for the Mormon Tabernacle choir and he played some fun pieces and gave the organ a work out! It was amazing. What added to the night was David Archuleta came and spoke to us and also sang to us. I was all ready to brag about how I got to see David Archuleta live but it was really way more than that. Through music, the spirit is so strong and both Brother Archuleta and Brother Elliott brought an amazing spirit to our devotional. It was honestly so incredible; i wish you all could have been there! If that didn't make my day good enough, the talk that we watched that night sure did the trick! "My soul delighteth in the words of Elder Bednar." He gave a talk here in 2009 called "Recognizing the Spirit." It was perfect. All week, that has been my study topic and Elder Bednar is an inspired man! If you are wondering whether or not something is from the spirit or a thought of your own... QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT! If you are a good boy/girl, keep the commandments, and honor your covenants, you will be provided for. Every good thing is of God. If it is a good thing, it is of God. Thank him for these things! And quite worrying about it!!
Our new years was fun and it is nice to have New Years Day be our P-day. Last night, we got a special treat. At midnight, someone was setting off fireworks and we could see them right out our window!! It was a nice surprise and helped us have a little celebration. :) Love you all! Thank you for your prayers, letters, emails, everything! Talk to you soon!
ブロワーChoro
 |
| Great Missionaries! |
 |
| Our Fort |
 |
| The best Pears ever! |
 |
| My Flight Plans |
 |
| Look DAD it's your tie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment