Saturday, January 10, 2015

My last week at the MTC

This is the last email before I make my way to Nihon! So I'll try to make it good!
This week, we've been really focusing on solidifying all of the language that we have learned in stead of working on learning new things. It's amazing how far you can come in a language in this short amount of time with help from the Spirit! There is much growth to be had over the remaining 22 months!!
Last night, we had the opportunity to talk on Skype with an actual Nihonjin in Nihon. Our sister was actually living in Africa currently but it was an amazing experience and i'm so excited to get to japan and be able to immerse myself in the language and culture.
On Tuesday, the Young Woman's General President came and spoke to us. She spoke on a talk about The Current Bush by D. Todd Christofferson (please check the spelling for me). This was one of the times that I was able to go back to my residence with a new drive and a better understanding of my trials. Look this talk up. Everybody, even the Prophet, can stand to hear this message again because It applies to everyone. If you don't feel like doing that, there is a short Mormon message on the talk. You have no excuse. God has a purpose in all things. I had a long span of time when it seemed like everything was pilling up and I had no idea why certain things kept happening and why my life was so "hard". When I made the decision to come on a mission, I was able to recognize that God's plan is perfect and that all of the expriences that I had in my life and all the people that I met helped me become the person that I am today. Without all of my experiences, even the bad ones, I don't think that I would be here. Gain an understanding that your afflictions are concecrated! I promise you that they are and so does Lehi! 2 Nephi 2:2 "...and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." I know this to be true. I've had an opportunity that has allowed me to come to this truth: the MTC is a spiritial high nearly all the time and through that, the spirit is more easily heard. While being here, my testimony has grown tenfold if not more. I made the decision to come on a mission but it has turned into so much more than just "doing my time" because I was commanded to give it. This mission is my life's tithing (i've been given 21 years and I owe Heavenly Father 10% of that). In reality, i'm not giving anything up because God is blessing me so much for my service. God is so generous. Recognize this in your own life. If you begin to think with a selfless heart, I know that you will recognize God's love and blessings in your life. He is waiting for you to make this decision. You are robing yourself of the happiness you can recieve if you are not giving this your effort. It is worth it! Pray. Read your scriptures. Do it diligently. And the blessings WILL come.
I have no apoligies for being bold. I know this to be true.
Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf. I strive to be worthy to recieve the blessings from those prayers. For those of you that sent me Christmas cards, thank you so much for keeping me in mind.
And thus it is...
Brower Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment