This MTC experience is definitely something amazing. They take care
of the missionaries so well! We have awesome devotionals, awesome teachers,
awesome food; life is good! However, the MTC has it's challenges. The food is
real good so... me being the hungry Howie that I am... I eat a lot and thus have
gained 7 pounds since I've been here. This is the first time in my life where I
think I've actually gained weight! It's all good though because I'll get to walk
and bike it off in Japan! January 12th is coming fast and I'm trying my best to
prepare for that. This language is hard but I love it. Some things don't make
sense and the language is so indirect! Everything is about being polite and
indirect so truly, it is learning a completely new language with next-to-no
similarities to English. Our teachers are amazing and have helped so much
already and it's going to be a sad day when we leave because we have established
true friendships with them.
On another note, we like to have fun in the MTC. Of course we are focused
missionaries but to break the monotony of continuous study, we do some fun
things. We play a game called "what are the odds" where you place a bet such as
"what are the odds that you wear two ties all day tomorrow" to which they would
respond "1 in 10" or for really crazy dares "1 in 25." On the count of three,
you both say a number between 1 and 10 and if the numbers add up to 10, the
person who placed the bet has to do the thing but if you both say the same
number, the person who was challenged has to do the dare. I have yet to lose but
there have been some good bets placed!
Another thing we do is sing in the shower. Normally we sing church hymns
and the like but on occasion, the most popular songs that get sung by the
congregation in the showers is "Crocodile Rock" and "The Phantom of the Opera"
and "Africa" by Toto. Nothing is better than being in your room and hearing a
group of missionaries try to sing the high part to these songs. I personally
like to sing the songs from "A Goofy Movie" but... not too many people can join
in because they are deprived human beings who haven't seen it before.
Lame!
Our senpai (the missionaries who leave to Japan before us and have been
here for 9 weeks) leave on Monday and we will become senpai (upper class) to
some new kohai (lower class). It's amazing how fast time flies. It feels like we
just met but that we've been friends forever and now they are leaving! I've made
some amazing friends here and I feel like the veil is thin at times and we are
able to remember the people that we meet from the pre-mortal life because we
already know each other so well and we probably hung out before coming to
Earth!
Anyway, life is good! Pray always! Read the Scriptures (Alma
30-35=fantastic)! Remember I love you all and thank you for your
support!
The picture that I'm in with the other Elder, that is Hope Choro; he is in my
room and is pretty awesome. We are both going to Fukuoka so we'll get to be
pretty good friends over the next few years. In our district, it is only us
three (me, Ngatai, and Hope) that are going to Fukuoka; everyone else is going
to Kobe. However, in the other district, all of their Chorotachi are going to
Fukuoka. 
No comments:
Post a Comment