Wednesday, July 6, 2016

week 82

It's hot... Almost 90 degrees everyday at 100% humidity. Can't get much better than that! At least the rainy season down here is over. I'm happy about that one even though it still rains every now and then. Other than that, working down here in Okinawa is an experience to say the least. Still trying to stay on top of things! Having to work with both a military branch and a Japanese Ward is a challenge especially because there are over 100 people in each. I'm sure that this is nothing compared to other missions but for me, this has been a huge chang and it's nothing like what I've done before. But, it is keeping things interesting.
This area does have a lot of military living off base as well and this week we were able to house into a really nice guy named Hansen. We've taught him two lessons so far and we are going to help him in his garden this coming Saturday morning. He made us some salsa so in exchange for that we're going to do some work for him. Pretty even trade! We've also been meeting with a Japanese 32 year old named Tsubaki. We met him the day that I got here and we have been able to teach him twice a week since then. He has come to church twice and is a lot of fun to teach because he has all of the hard questions. All of them. But I've learned a lot about how we trust in our Heavenly Father and how we know that he speaks to prophets who guide us and... That is enough. I don't need to know much more than that and sometimes, that is all that I can testify to people. And that testimony is just as strong as an "actual" answer that I could give.
Love you all. 

Having problems!!!! Computor and email not working right. It could be the operator???

No comments:

Post a Comment