It's interesting how I can sit down in my futon 5 minutes before 10:30
and say that I've had a good day. It's really interesting because I'm
a missionary! And it was fast Sunday! And this stuff is hard and we
are going all day long! But, today was a good day. We woke up, got
ready, and had some studies. Church was pretty great. This ward seems
pretty awesome and I'm grateful to see everyone coming to church,
bearing testimony, and receiving the blessings that come from being a
member. In my previous areas, the members have been slim and, although
I'm so happy that those few people are receiving the blessings from
this gospel, you can't help but wish that there were so many more
people at church. I still have those feelings here in Yanai but I am
particularly happy that so many people in this area are being blessed
by the gospel. With all that being said, so many people are coming to
church that I can't keep track of everyone! This is a new experience!
I've somewhat taken upon myself the responsibility of being the
"greeter" when people come in so that I get to meet them and talk with
them briefly so that if I don't have any other interaction with them,
at least I was able to make some kind of connection. That somewhat
makes me feel like we are neglecting people but... But not really
because they have home teachers and we, as missionaries, can't visit
everyone all the time. I've been struggling with accepting these new
challenges in this new area. However, I love it. This is probably the
best part of my mission thus far (even though it is all the best...
Right??). After church, me and Elder Warr and Nanba Kyoudai went out
and had some Dendo time til dinner; it was fun being able to Dendo
with him and the time went by fast. It was also pretty sunny and
somewhat, somewhat warm today so that helped out too. We came back,
had some dinner, and then headed out the door again. I'm wishing that
there was more to say beyond that about the 6 hours of Dendo time that
we had but... Such is Dendo life. Today was a good day. I'm tired but
I'm not. I fasted and was hungry but, I wasn't really. God works in
mysterious ways and although I missed out on energy from calories, I
almost feel like I have more energy without it. Pday tomorrow.
Hallelujah. Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment