Thursday, February 5, 2015

1 week in japan


We've been working with an amazing investigator who needs some prayers. His name is Minoru San. He is so faithful and is progressing really well! He has a baptismal date for the first weekend in February and we know that Satan will work really hard on him now that he has found this gospel. Please pray for him that he may come to know that This Gospel is true!
We've also been working really hard with the members here in the ward and getting them involved in missionary work. We're making some final arrangements for an Open House that we will be holding in February where members can bring friends and they can here a few testimonies and learn a little bit more about what we believe and most importantly, the blessings we can receive from this gospel! We have high hopes for this and I'll let you know how it goes!

Other than that, we are working really hard and striving to be better missionaries every day! Japan is wonderful and I really do love being here and serving this people and bringing this awesome message to them. I can't wait for the adventures to be had in the time that I will be spending here.
Some observations:
-Chairs in Japan are just slighly shorter than normal american chairs so most times when I go to sit down I think i:m going to fall onto the floor!!
-Also, it:s so true; everyone wears masks! Whether they are sick or they don:t want to get sick, they all wear masks

-I have yet to get over how small the cars are here and for that matter, how goofy looking they are! I:ll send you some pictures next week of some that I have seen that are especially... special
The weather has been just fine. Not freezing but not really hot or anything. It has rained more than anything and that isn:t my favorite but there is no snow and it:s just... a wet winter!
-So, Saga doesn:t have much going for it from what I have observed and been told. I love it here don:t get me wrong but the only thing that it is known for is mudfish! Maybe look it up for me and send that to me in my next email. I:m curious as to what it actually looks like. They have a picture of it on all of the manhole covers
-One of the really neat things about where I am at is that basically on every street corner, there is a little shrine of somekind. And usually, they always have fresh flowers in little vases next to the rock sculpture or statue or whatever it is. When we went to the store, a lot of people were buying flowers and things and so it:s something that they do a lot I guess. I:m not sure if I can take pictures of some that I see but I:ll ask and if not, maybe you can look them up!
-A lot of people that we talk to are old. And when I mean old I mean like... 85+. These old people here never stop! They are riding bikes and doing stuff in the yard and they are so energetic! When we talk to them though... They always say that they are too old for religion and are going to die soon so what is the point... It's fun to talk to them though!
-I'm not much for the fancy toilets here but... one of the nice things is... heated seats!!! The one in our apartment is nice and toasty so it is never cold in the morning! Maybe you should look into something like that for the house because it really is glorious!
-Also, I don't know if you noticed but my name changed when I got to Japan! Instead of being Burowa Choro I am now Burawa Choro. It's kinda funny because people think that my name is furawa choro sometimes which is basically saying elder flower in english. Much clarification is needed and people get a little laugh every now and then.
Ya, I failed at taking pictures this week... I'm sorry! I'll try to do better next week! But, This is a picture of my nice little futon. I actually sleep really well which is awesome! Cause... There isn't much pad there! ha.
One thing that I have realized about this church is that there is never an equal trade between God and us. When we give something to God, he gives us something in return that is so much greater than what we gave. I know that that is true! So give up a little humility and time and kneel and pray for all that you have!
Until next week!
Love, Brower Choro
ブラワ



No comments:

Post a Comment